Building Your Team? Here’s How You Can Do It!
Are you planning for team building activities at your work place? To start with, as managers, you need to recognize the right talent for each job in the team. The team needs to be willing together, creative and non-judgmental. Once the right team is formed, they need to be trained to get the best out of them. And the easiest way to do it is by facilitating them with a suitable trainer/facilitator who is experienced and trained to train. Along with this even team members should have certain skills to be an effective part of the team. They must have interpersonal skills, communication skills, and mainly they must trust other team members. It is good if they have conflict management skills as well. These will help in building great team.
- Do not ignore the family: If your team consists of less number of people, you can ask your employees to accompany with family. After all family support also builds a good team and healthy employee manager relationship.
- Food for staff: Do not make your staff starve. Choose the food, which are local in your place and with the liking of all people. Choose foods for vegans and vegetarians too.
- Entertain with games and competitions: encourage friendly competitions and entertaining games, so that your event does not become boring solitude group party (where few people form a separate group and talk among themselves).
- Give rewards and titles: Most of the employees in your team may have other talents too. Encourage them to come out of nut-shell and showcase their talent.
- Get Feedback and Suggestions: Lastly, get the feedback and suggestions from your employees. Asking your employees but their ideas or about their feedback will help to a greater extent.
- Make it interactive: Let your party not be like a boring stuff, where each and every one makes their team and gets engrossed. Include activities and games, so that each and every one gets involved in it.
- Choose a place with food treat: When you are planning a team event, make sure you do not keep them starving. Feed them with delicacies which fit in your budget and make sure they are happy. Food is most memorable thing of the event.
Do not have an activity that encourages winning as there is only one winner and it demotivates them thinking they are not fit for the job. This will lower his performance. Where a competitive event has to held, others also should be rewarded for helping or supporting. Always give time to reflect on their work in the event.